I know it’s been awhile since I posted a sequel to “My Favorite Italian Words” – there were so many other interesting things to write about, that this subject took the back burner. But today, as I was trying to get inspired for another topic, I remembered this fun post topic. OK, here are some new words to ruminate over:
1. Sbadigliare = to yawn. Mi viene da sbadigliare quando sento questa parola!!! (It makes me yawn when I hear this word!!)
2. bo (or boh) = who knows, I don’t know, whatever! I love this catch all word, which is probably slang, because it doesn’t show up in online translators!
3. squillo = a call or ring. This is used when you ask your friend to call you – Dammi un squillo!!
4. Abbracciare = to hug. A beautiful word for a beautiful moment!
5. Disgraziato = jerk! If you get called this, it is NOT a good thing!!